August 18, 2017
- To under take research on the unconventional feed stuffs for incorporation in the feeding schedules of livestock anfd poultry.
- To undertake research to asses and formulate balanced rations for poultry and livestock in state specific agro climatic zones.
- To asses the nutrtional factors affecting the milk quality parameters in cross bred cattle of the state.
- Provide consultancy to the farmers of the state on balanced feeding for economizing dairy and poultry farming through camps, radio and television programs, electronic mail, farmers fair, lectures, symposia and meetings
- To propogate the use of technologies developed by the department for increased animal production by providing technical know how and inputs like UMMB Blocks, azolla farming and feeding, mineral mixture, ensiling of forages, hay making, etc.
- To give trainings both on and off campus to the livestock farmers for higher livestock and poultry production for overall development of the farmers and for their better livelihood.
above activities the department is maintaining Feed and Feed Additives production Unit for
teaching and extension purposes.